Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Something different in dolls

I specialize in creating Indian dolls. I am drawn to do them but recently I started on a different one of a kind ,special doll for a special reason. I have started making a gyro pilot doll to be raffled off to raise money for a club I belong to. You see, my other love besides making Indian dolls is flying...gyroplane flying , to be specific. In my other life I was a gyroplane flight instructor until I retired from flying several years ago.

Well, I am going to begin flying my gyro again. I have kept in touch with other gyro pilots and recently we got together to reactivate a chapter of the Popular Rotorcraft Assn. that was on the verge of disbanding . Our chapter members are planning to hold a gyroplane fly-in on the El Mirage dry lake in September. In our meetings we have been thinking of how we could raise money for the chapter coffers. Putting on a fly-in doesn't come cheaply !

I decided to make a male gyro pilot doll and one of the club members will contribute one of the wonderful model gyroplanes that he makes. My gyro pilot doll will be scaled to fit the model groplane and together doll and machine will be rafflled off.

Hopefully I will have learned how to post pictures on this blog by the time I get the doll finished. If so I will show you how pilot and machine turned out.

Stay tuned .
Marion Springer

No comments: